We’ve heard a little about ‘post lockdown’ sexual frustrations. Stories like young men exhibiting intense anger when rejected by women. Young women using overconfidence to mask insecurities.
In short, we’ve heard a bit around the traps about people experiencing some anxiety-related behaviors as they work their way into the world after lockdown.
What we now know is that lockdown continues. It may go for a while, then it comes back then it goes. The associated insecurities dealing with it are varied and complicated.
We found a neat little article in Healista written by Kate Moyle that describes good mental health confidence-boosting practice post lockdown.
- Ignore self-destructive thoughts
- Practice positive affirmations
- Re-learn what turns you on
- Communicate during sex
- Play music to get ready
- Focus on the senses
- Dress up sexy
- Accept that not everyone will like you
- Laugh about it (to yourself and with friends)
- Focus on pleasure not performance
Lockdown will come and go for a while. Best for us all to get our heads around it.